In this week’s episode, Amrit interviews Dr. Srikumar Rao, Ph.D. in Business, a life coach, TED speaker, former business school professor, best selling author, CEO of The Rao Institute and creator of The Creativity and Personal Mastery Course.
This course shows students how to discover their unique purpose, creativity and happiness through group work and a philosophical perspective, and helps thousands of business executives all over the world discover deep meaning. Find out more about it here: https://theraoinstitute.com/learn/
Joy, peace and connection are inherent to all human beings, so you can flourish every day with the joy of just being who you are. When this happens you are more effective in your work, and if everybody in a business undergoes this same experience, the culture changes, it transforms. Everyday becomes a journey of personal blossom and business growth. Learn how to create joy no matter what else may be going on around you with “Happiness at Work: Be Resilient, Motivated, and Successful – No Matter What” by Dr. Srikumar Rao
Amrit and Dr. Srikumar Rao, talk about spiritual development. They dive deep into the journey of working on yourself to live a life of great achievement and deep fulfillment so you can take your career, business and life to the next level. Learn how to define your personal ethics and goals, how to reach them, and start a journey that will last a lifetime with “Are You Ready to Succeed?: Unconventional strategies for achieving personal mastery in business and in life” by Dr. Srikumar Rao.
Dr. Rao believes you have to be focussed on the journey and not on the outcome. The purpose of setting a goal and achieving it, is to learn and grow as you level your best to achieve that goal. Once you understand that and get comfortable with it, you will find that you are applying it. When this happens, you stop focusing on the outcome.
When you set a goal for yourself, you must take care of your actions. All your energy and attention must be on the actions and forget about the goal. Being consistent, objective, and when something doesn’t work out, switch on to something else. You learn through failure. And it is all a question of learning and growing, learning and growing. Learning and enjoying as much as you can all along the way.
Dr. Srikumar comments that lots of people in his program want to find their purpose. You don’t find it, you create it, and you can start doing it wherever you are with what you have at hand. But he strongly affirms that whatever you do, has to make you happy. And this shouldn’t make you happy just for a moment, it should make you happy for weeks. When your heart sings for a long time, your life lightens up. You begin to enjoy the journey. You shine and vibrate, and your energy gets magnified. In this state of bliss not only can you be in service to many others but also attract the people who align with you.
With Dr. Rao’s approach to reach your goals, there is no way you will lose. If you don’t reach your goal, you will have learned so many things in the process trying to reach them. And these things are extremely valuable to yourself. With a heart that sings, a mind at peace, and an accumulated pack of learnings, you will become who you truly are and be more resilient no matter what comes your way.
“When you don’t worry about destination and enjoy the journey, you get to destination faster”
Amrit and Dr. Rao, talk about the ethos of service and why it is a fundamental pillar to reach joy and fulfillment, and build a business. He believes in the desire of being in service to a better cause.
When you give good customer service, it becomes the outward manifestation of the person you are. No matter what, your service must be good. It will make your customer like it, happier and feel comfortable. It will make the world a better place and it will enable you to continue working on yourself.
Last, but not least, they talk about the mindset an entrepreneur must have on this spiritual journey, the daunting feeling of hiring the right person or not for your business and the best ways to shift our perception of the world to improve who we are.
Every entrepreneur must think of “one more step” in times of failure. When everything doesn’t feel right and you are failing, taking just one more step will help you pull through. Dr. Rao refers to the book “Lone Survivor”, about Marcus Luttrell, the only member of a team of four who survived an operation in Afghanistan. When he was asked how he did so, he attributed it to the extremely tough “Hell Week Seal Training” and declared the only ones that survive this training are the ones that take one more step.
Hiring the right person or not, shouldn’t be a daunting experience. Dr. Rao talks about the beautiful and amazing Universe, and all that it gives to us is for a good reason. The Universe gives us all that we need to be able to learn and grow on our journey. Whether the employee is the right person to hire or not, for sure it will be a learning and growing process for both the employer and the employee.
If you want to shift your perception of the world to improve who you are, invest in coaches, books and courses and all that takes you to another level of consciousness.
“Always make it a point to consciously and deliberately surround yourself with people who are on the same path of personal growth. Your job is to help them and when you need help it will come to you.”
Level up your life with unlimited access to every Mindvalley Quest Program (over 30+ programs). All Yours. Instantly. https://inspiredevolution.com/recommends/mindvalley/
About Dr. Srikumar Rao:
Dr Rao has helped thousands of entrepreneurs and executives worldwide achieve a quantum breakthrough in their personal and professional lives. He has helped them reach entirely new orbits of success and accomplishment. And they have done so while rediscovering joy in life and genuine unadulterated happiness.
Dr. Rao has been among the highest rated and most popular professors at many of the world’s top business schools. His work has been featured in major media worldwide and his TED talk has been viewed by millions on different sites.
Are you, daily variations aside, happier now than you have ever been? Does your blood sing at the thought of being who you are and doing what you do? Do you come radiantly alive many times each week?
Dr. Rao suggests you are wasting your life if it is not like this.
It is indeed possible for you to lay claim to the vision described. To do so, you will have to learn to think differently, radically differently. You, literally, become a different person and this new entity grows into the vision described.
Dr. Rao’s lifework is to help persons effect this transformation in their lives. Dr. Rao is an elite coach for persons seeking spiritual growth who also want to leave an outsize impact on the world. He is creating a mastermind group of such persons.
Dr. Srikumar Rao books:
- “Happiness at Work: Be Resilient, Motivated, and Successful – No Matter What”: https://inspiredevolution.com/recommends/happiness-at-work-by-dr-srikumar-rao/
- “Are You Ready to Succeed?: Unconventional strategies for achieving personal mastery in business and in life”: https://inspiredevolution.com/recommends/are-you-ready-to-succeed-by-dr-srikumar-rao/
- Welcome Dr. Srikumar Rao to Inspired Evolution!:(00:00:00)
- Business as a personal development vehicle:(01:35)
- Challenges on the journey when people are focussed on the outcome:(05:16)
- How to set a goal but still unpair success from the definition of the goal:(10:41)
- How to iterate on goals if you are not obsessed with the achievement of them:(11:31)
- How to choose a business aligned with what we were put here to do:(13:33)
- Service as a basic tenet to enjoyment and fulfillment in life, and successful businesses:(18:58)
- Has business with social impact or positive altruistic intentions always succeeded?:(24:59)
- Has everybody always been with that mentality of helping others when they are setting their business?:(27:15)
- Recomendable mindset for an entrepreneur to have on this journey:(28:46)
- Is everybody prepared for this entrepreneurial journey?:(32:11)
- Whether hiring people should be a daunting task or not:(33:45)
- Dr. Srikumar Rao’s optimism and where it comes from:(38:55)
- Best way to shift our perception of the world to improve who we are:(40:31)
- “Plug into your hard-wired happiness” Dr. Rao’ TED talk with more than 1 MM views: https://www.ted.com/talks/srikumar_rao_plug_into_your_hard_wired_happiness?language=en
- “Practical Wisdom by Dr. Srikumar Rao” – Previously on The Inspired Evolution: https://inspiredevolution.com/dr-srikumar-rao/
- “When the Flower Blooms, the Bees Come Uninvited.” Quote by Ramakrishna – Mentioned in timestamp (13:33) – Conversation about the approach to have when starting to build the infrastructure for a business
- Parable “Feed the Dog, Not the Wolf”: https://theraoinstitute.com/native-american-wisdom-a-tale-of-a-dog-a-wolf-which-do-you-feed/ – Mentioned in timestamp (18:58) – Conversation about why you should feed the dog and not the wolf. The dog is all the intelligence, loving, kindness and trustworthiness that lies within you. “It is your job to identify and feed the dog in you. It is also your job to identify and selectively feed the dog in every person you meet. When you feed the dog in others, automatically you feed the dog in you”
- “Lone Survivor:The Eyewitness Account of Operating Redwing and the Lost Heroes of Seal Team 10” book by Marcus Luttrell & Patrick Robinson: https://amz.run/4h07 – Mentioned In timestamp (28:46) – Conversation about the importance of taking “one more step”.
- Benevolent Universe Model – Quote by Albert Einstein: “I think the most important question facing humanity is, ‘Is the universe a friendly place?’” – Mentioned in timestamp (33:45) – Conversation about feeling daunted when hiring someone new.
Connect with Dr. Srikumar Rao:
- Website: https://theraoinstitute.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theraoinstitute
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/srikumarsrao/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/srikumarsrao
- Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/TheRaoInstitute