Dr. Gay Hendricks is a Ph.D.in Counseling Psychology, writer, best-selling author and co-author of several books.
After receiving his Ph.D. from Stanford, Gay worked as a professor teaching Counseling Psychology at the University of Colorado for twenty years. Today, and for more than forty years, he has served as one of the major contributors in the field of personal growth, relationships, and bodymind intelligence. He trains professionals in education, therapy, coaching and medicine. Together with Katie, his partner, he teaches core skills for conscious living and conscious loving.
Gay has coached over eight hundred executives, including the top management at firms such as Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Motorola, and KLM. He has offered seminars worldwide and appeared on more than 500 radio and television shows, including OPRAH, CNN, CNBC, 48 HOURS and others.
Level up your life with unlimited access to every Mindvalley Quest Program (over 30+ programs). All Yours. Instantly. https://inspiredevolution.com/recommends/mindvalley/
01:29 – What Inspired Gay To Write His Book Conscious Luck
Through experience, phsycology, meeting Ram Dass and big questions, Gay has come to many conclusions about the human species. He talks about the genius zone, an open space of spirit and how almost everything in Gay’s life has been about finding different ways to reveal that open space. In Conscious Luck he is able to put everything together as to how to make yourself lucky.
“If you are the luckiest person that you have ever met, what you want to do is make everyone else feel the same way too”
17:14 – Luck as a Way of Living That Heals
Gay talks about our spirit radar. Something inside which looks for new opportunities and can heal. He thinks our spirit radar is just like the one some animals have in nature. He refers to what pulls sea turtles to travel every year one thousand five hundred miles to lay eggs, and hummingbirds to travel every year with no food over the Gulf of Mexico.
“We come with a spirit radar inside which seeks out opportunities for us to grow psychologically, spiritually and emotionally”
27:51 – Dropping Into a Space Holding Shame To Have a Place With More Luck
Gay talks about something that works miracles. Grounded in his own painful experience discovering shame and that it had been occupying space in his body for a long time, Gay discovers that this space can be occupied by something other than shame, it can be occupied by whatever you want to replant the field with.
“I now rededicate my shame field to an attractor field for luck and love”
42:04 – Setting Luck Worthy Goals
It all comes to the important things you really want and to make sure your life is about those goals. Gay shares his driving heart scented goals, which are yours?
“If I were the luckiest man on earth, what would I want?”
51:25 – The Importance About the Pace Around the Company You Keep
Gay talks about the importance and the conscious choice of being with people that match your growth in evolution.
“Everybody needs people in their live’s whose faces light up when you walk into the room ”
54:14 – Luck as a synonymous to gratitude
Gay refers to Carol Kline when talking about luck and gratitude being the same thing and part of the same space. He talks about what he does everyday to feel that space of pure consciousness within himself and how it expands with gratitude.
“If you are grateful for what you have, that puts you in a very receptive place for better things to happen”
- “Conscious Luck – Eight Secrets To Intentionally Change Your Fortune”: https://amz.run/3Yj0
- “The Big Leap”: https://amz.run/3Yj2
- “Five Wishes”: https://amz.run/3Yj4
- Ram Dass: Gay went up to this spiritual leader and asked him “What do you recomend I do if I wanted to really open up to the maximum amount of spirit I can feel in myself?” And Ram Dass said: “Don’t worry, something will come to you”. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Dass
- “Yoga,Youth and Reincarnation” book by Jess Stearn: Paperback book about breathing, yoga and meditation exercises; this is what Ram Dass said would come to him. https://amz.run/3Yqk
- “Because I love” poem by Kathleen Raine: “There is an invisible way across the sky, Birds travel by that way”. Fragment of the poem Gay refers to when talking about us wired the same way as birds when looking for genius zone: https://amz.run/3Yql
Connect with Gay:
- Website: https://hendricks.com/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gay-hendricks-195a90/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gayhendricks/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/gayhendricks?lang=es
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hendricks.gay/?hl=es-la
Join the Inspired Evolution Community: