Use your intentions to heal and make the world a better place! In this episode Lynne and Amrit dive deep into the power of intention, a life-changing force that inherently we all have access to and can radically transform our life and that of those around us.
Lynne McTaggart is an award-winning journalist known for her research on the intersection between science and the worlds of spirituality, health, and culture. She is a central authority on the New Science of consciousness and the power of intention, a public speaker and the award-winning author of seven books, including the bestsellers The Field, The Intention Experiment and The Power of Eight®.
She is also cofounder of What Doctors Don’t Tell You, the health expo Get Well, and the architect of the Intention Experiments, a web based “global laboratory” to test the power of intention to heal the world.
Intentions are the thoughts we have all the time. They are “power” thoughts and they are very important because they affect and can transform your lives, and can also make powerful changes to the people and things around you.
The way you think, positive or negative, can result in greater global impacts beyond your usual sphere of influence; it can create a butterfly effect.
Negative thoughts are usually directed to ourselves. This has a lot to do with the culture we have created for ourselves which is essentially an “I Win, You lose” environment. This idea has impregnated every part of our culture and is behind negativity. We must start to focus on what it is that we are thinking all the time.
Lynne believes that if you police negative thoughts properly everybody can heal every aspect of their lives. The energy of positive thoughts is an influential force that can transform lives and particularly in empowering groups. People’s focused intentions, actively thought-out within a small group setting, create a positive impact on a targeted cause, even across vast distances.
Back in 2008, Lynn and her husband decided to put people into small groups of 8 calling them “The power of eight”. She revealed discoveries from several years of experiments about how group intention can heal our lives and make this world a better place. Based on case studies, brain research, and university studies, The Power of Eight proves there is a collective consciousness.
Collective intention is super powerful for two reasons: it helps you get off of yourself and enter a sense of oneness. People who focus on themselves are more likely to get ill. So if you act out of concern for the well-being of other people, you will live a healthier, longer and happier life. “Getting off of yourself” heals the sender and the receiver.
In pandemic times you can create your own “power of eight” community and you can even do it online. These groups are opportunities to connect, setting intentions for each other.
Setting intentions for each other is about designing and holding the intention statement together. You must be specific about what you want and keep it simple.
While setting goals can motivate you, they can also produce a feeling that what you currently have isn’t enough. Living your intentions, on the other hand, is much different. Being intentional allows you to focus on how you want to be in the moment, independent of whether you are winning or losing.
Please check out Lynne’s Intention Masterclass 2022: https://lynnemctaggart.com/courses/intention-masterclass/the-power-of-eight-intention-masterclass-2022/
- What doctors don’t tell you: https://www.wddty.com/about-us/
Lynne McTaggart Books:
- The Power of Eight: https://amz.run/551r
- Welcome Lynne McTaggart to Inspired Evolution!: (00:00:00)
- Intention defined by Lynne: (05:13)
- Why thoughts are generally negative: (07:15)
- Why intention is so important: (09:37)
- How to set an intention & use it to support each other: (26:36)
- Selecting intentions: (39:28)
- Setting intentions for germination study: (42:08)
- Connect with Lynne: (50:45)
- Feedback on Amrit’s intentions: (52:08)
- What inspires Lynne for a better world:(57:14)
Connect with Lynne McTaggart:
- Website: https://lynnemctaggart.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LynneMcTaggart2011
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lynnemctaggartofficial
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LynneMcTaggart
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeHhBlJ9kST90jJKBZDi6vg
Join the Inspired Evolution Community:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspiredEvolution/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/inspired_evolution/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/InspiredEvolution/
- Website: https://inspiredevolution.com/