Get off the hamster wheel into a state of self discovery! In this episode, Kate and Amrit talk about Spirit and unpack her latest book The Full Spirit Workout: A Ten-Step System to Shed Your Self-Doubt, Strengthen Your Spiritual Core, and Create a Fun and Fulfilling Life.
Kate Eckman is a high performance coach, broadcast journalist, TV personality, public speaker and author of The Full Spirit Workout. She is also an accomplished entrepreneur, former elite athlete, former professional model, and a communications, performance and mindfulness expert.
She empowers high-achieving individuals to actualize their full potential and her work is rooted in neuroscience, positive psychology, and whole-person coaching.
As a competitive swimmer, model and broadcast journalist, Kate internalized strong work discipline, was challenged to create new tools for strengthening the confidence in herself, and experienced all what it takes to constantly perform at a high level.
Along her journey and having gone through tragic losses, she discovered the value of diving into spirit. She began to study mindfulness techniques and has become an advocate of the benefits it has on both your brain and body health.
Spirit is your superpower, it is your toolbox full of weapons to help you live a happy and fulfilled life. You can dive into your spirit and train this inner muscle to be more resilient against today’s world. It will leverage your strengths. You will be more confident, productive and creative. You will perform at a higher level. Above all, you will be kind and compassionate.
The best way to get started with training is with failure, taking all the pressure off yourself and practicing these five pillars (P’s) of confidence and two bonus P’s: presence, patience, practice, purpose, preparation, pause and person:
Be present; be fully present in the moment but showing up like you mean it.
Be patient; “Hold on loosely” and that means take action gently leaning into trusting the process. When you grip so tight to your goals you repel them.
Practice; you need to take action to reach the results you want. Your results don’t appear all of a sudden.
Have a purpose. Have a strong ‘why’ that will keep you going and reflecting on your experiences.
Prepare yourself. Build habits and believe every word you pronounce.
Pause. Dedicate time to conscious pauses. Kate shares her “sit & stare” technique to check into yourself and ask yourself big questions. Check in as if you were a small child. It is a practice you should do alone, in a quiet space and distraction free. Ego should be left to one side and listen to that inner wisdom that says you are exhausted, need to stop and step out to play.
Be a person. Lean into not only the person you present to the world, but the messy person behind-the-scenes.
The full spirit workout is all about being a whole-person. Bringing your authentic truth and power to everyone you meet and everything that you do.
Expressing gratitude to others boosts your and their immune system. Connecting boosts the immune system too as long as it is done authentically looking and hearing what each other is saying.
Expressing kindness has a ripple effect. If you are kind to someone, that person will be more kind to others too. Being kind is a muscle that everyone can work on to make this world a better place.
- Welcome Kate Eckman to Inspired Evolution!: (00:00:00)
- Role spirituality plays in high-achieving individuals to achieve their full potential: (01:45)
- Bridging the gap between spirituality and the business world: (04:15)
- About the “sit & stare” technique: (06:49)
- Challenge that brought Kate to the full spirit workout: (12:09)
- About spiritual immunity: (14:43)
- The importance of connection: (17:18)
- Connection between seeing people & being able to see your inner child: (20:44)
- Openness versus closedness effects on relationships (21:59)
- The 5 P’s of confidence: (26:19)
- What is a full spirit workout: (41:15)
- Inspired Evolution according to Kate: (43:16)
Connect with Kate Eckman:
- Website: https://www.kateeckman.tv/
- Website: https://www.thefullspiritworkout.com/
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/kateeckman.tv
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kateeckman/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0VoBWVoygoQ6HpCM0B69yg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kateeckman
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kateeckman/
Join the Inspired Evolution Community: